Tonkin + Taylor is New Zealand's leading engineering and environmental consultancy, renowned for our technical excellence in solving complex challenges. We are proudly a New Zealand, employee-owned company and our collective mission is to create and sustain a better world.
At T+T, we strongly believe that it's our people that keep our clients coming back. Our people are known for being 'humble high-achievers': delivering award-winning solutions, working collaboratively, and delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients. They are our greatest asset, and we invest in their development, well-being, and career aspirations.
Kei te hiahia mātou ki ōu pūkenga | We want your skills
We currently have a rare and fantastic opportunity for an estimator with diverse experience in project estimating to join our new Cost and Commercial team.
To provide a greater diversity in our offering to our clients, we are developing a team to provide advice around constructability, cost estimating and risk. The new discipline will provide support to existing and future projects and project teams through our existing disciplines, alongside developing services direct to clients. This presents an awesome opportunity for you to make your mark and be part of an exciting growth area for T+T!
Current projects include a wide variety of technical work across several sectors, including all aspects of landfill design and operation, earthworks engineering, contract management, 3-waters infrastructure design, sustainable urban stormwater design, coastal infrastructure, roads and rail.
If you are someone who values autonomy, mastery and purpose in your work and will thrive in a team environment where every day is different, we'd love to speak to you.
Kei te whakapono mātou ki tō whanaketanga | We want to develop you
Working at T+T provides a rich learning environment for individuals to grow and develop every day. You're in the driver's seat when it comes to your learning, and there are heaps of opportunities to tap into a wealth of knowledge, expertise and formal development opportunities.
With T+T, you will get to work with excellent clients and our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and planners through the whole life of a project - from concept design and consenting right through to tendering and construction - you will get to see your cost advice get built, and you'll have opportunity to get experience in all the stages of the project including commercial and contractual support to the project team.
You can look forward to working on a wide range of exciting projects across the disciplines at T&T. This will include interfacing and coordinating advice from related disciplines such as geology, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering and contaminated land together with assisting client relationship building.
Na tōu rourou | What you'll bring
- Relevant degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Around 8+ years' diverse experience in civil and multi-disciplinary estimating including construction related experience
- RICS Chartership beneficial
- ISCA assessment experience beneficial
- Strong analytical skills
- Client relationship management
- Demonstrable ability to estimate an accurate exit cost and highlight key risks
- Demonstrable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven ability to deliver a quality product on time
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Shareholding opportunities
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; T+T are involved in several large-scale alliance projects, as well as smaller community focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- A flexible working culture and formal flexible working arrangements including part time working and ability to purchase extra leave
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance and wellbeing programme
- A very active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at T+T!)
- Additional parental leave, salary top-up and a back to work coaching programme (as per policy)
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices.
We embrace flexible working at T+T and aim to work in a way that serves the needs of our people, clients and communities. Our flexible working culture enables us to achieve better work and life experiences. We welcome applicants who wish to work part-time or flexible hours.
Toroa tā mātou pae tukutuku mō ētehi atu kōrero | For more information, check out our website
APPLY NOW! Or for further information on T+T, go to: http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz. T+T is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
'Everyone Matters' is one of our three core values at T+T, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster inclusion, participation, and equal opportunity.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEMM Academy. We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
T+T are proud to be part of the Rainbow Tick Whanau and welcome applicants from rainbow communities.