About the opportunity:
Our client is a privately owned and operated company that has grown over four years. They are looking for another fully qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic to join their team. Fueled by a guiding philosophy of providing quality service in all their business offerings, you will be part of a tight-knit team that has an immense passion for the industry and its future.
As a Mechanic, you will be working on utes, trucks, trailers and machinery.
Responsibilities will include:
- Repairs and maintenance on vehicles, drive vehicles to testing station, road test vehicles
- Carry out pre-COF checks
- Service and maintenance of vehicles
- Comply with all Health and Safety
- Call out service, providing on-site and off-site repairs
- Welding work, general workshop maintenance
- General workshop cleaning etc.
- Care and respect of workshop property security of the building when locking up
- Attend breakdown call outs
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Must have Heavy Diesel Mechanic qualifications/knowledge
- Good References
- Full driver’s NZ licence
- Work as part of the team and provide own hand tools
- Hydraulic hose replacement skills a bonus
About the company:
Our client is a family business, locally owned and operated. It is a small rural diesel workshop, that currently has three qualified mechanics and two apprentices, and is based in Pukekohe. They do a variety (incl. welding, LT400, servicing, COF, etc.) of work on all makes and models of heavy trucks, and trailers, also servicing smaller utes (if part of a fleet). Also, they occasionally do forklift and digger repairs.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below. If you have any specific questions, please advise in your cover letter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org