Great opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant looking for a leadership role in a dynamic fast paced business
This business is one of the largest players in its market. With Trans-Tasman operations and a culture that offers exceptional opportunities to develop your career it’s an exciting time to join this business and they look to further diversify their service offering. To support future growth plans we are now seeking an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to support the Financial Transactions function and a seasoned people leader to mentor the Transactional team.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for overseeing and reporting on complex cost centres within the group,. You will oversee the reporting functions, provide technical accounting advice and will enjoy adding value by having the opportunity to streamline current processes to help the team perform more efficiently. This is a great role if you enjoy challenging the status quo and enjoy the rewards of mentoring and developing a team.
Your role will include:-
- Maintaining effective financial accounting controls and systems across the group.
- Preparing and submitting statutory returns as required.
- Implementing new IFRS Accounting Standards as required and ensuing business compliance across the group.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Ad hoc project Accounting to support further growth plans.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of the fixed asset and work in progress registers.
- Streamlining and implementing changes across the Financial Control process to improve reporting efficiencies
- Relevant Finance or Accounting degree
- Chartered Accountant or similar qualification
- Five to Seven years Financial Accounting experience with experience in delivery of accurate and timely information
- Proven experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Strong IFRS accounting knowledge with experience implementing new standards.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills
On offer is a competitive salary and a number of additional benefits. This is a great opportunity for an experienced people leader looking for a role to showcase your technical skills while working for a business that embraces change and boasts a strong inclusive working culture.
A bit about Rachel who is recruiting this role
People that work with Rachel enjoy the extra time she invests in coaching and guiding them towards achieving their career goals. If you are wondering where to next for your career, or you’re not sure if this role is quite right for you, please get in touch. I look forward to working with you.
For more about me and the rest of the Cultivate team, visit www.cultivate.co.nz/about How to apply
In the first instance, please apply online for this role (ideally in Microsoft Word format if at all possible).
If you need to discuss this role or your situation further, please reach out to Rachel on 027 576 6304 or email@example.com.