We are looking for experienced Welders to join our business, Extrastaff Limited. Our growing business requires organised and trustworthy individuals who pride themselves on quality workmanship. You must be motivated and result driven.
You might be asked to work across the country to assist our projects, so flexibility on work locations is preferred.
The Welder is responsible for:
- Need to be familiar with several different welding techniques and equipment.
- Work with several different metals, hand tools, power tools, specialist welding tools and heavy machinery.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Analyse engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminium, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
- Guide and direct flames or electrodes on or across work pieces to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal.
- All other duties as assigned.
Min $27.76 per hour to a maximum of $30 per hour
Hours of work
Minimum 30 hours of work is guaranteed
Skills and experience required:
- 3+ years welding relevant experience OR relevant welding qualification that is equivalent to NZQA Level 4
- Friendly, with good time management, excellent work ethic are essential
- Time management skills
- A commitment to learning and developing your skills within the industry
- Sound knowledge of H and S procedures
- Reliable and hardworking
You may be required to work in multiple locations throughout New Zealand including Auckland, Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes bay, Taranaki, Gisborne, Whanganui-Manawatu, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson-Tasman, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago and Southland.
This role will be permanent and full-time job
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and brief covering letter outlining your experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.