We are looking for experienced Steel Fixers to join our business, Extrastaff Limited. Our growing business requires an organised and trustworthy individual who pride yourself on quality workmanship. You will be motivated and result driven.
You might be asked to work across the country to assist our projects, so flexibility on work locations is preferred.
The Steel Fixer is responsible for:
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
- Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
- Place blocks under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when reinforcing floors.
- Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh In concrete to reinforce concrete.
- Bend steel rods with hand tools or rod bending machines and weld them with arc-welding equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience required:
- Preferably minimum of 1 year steel fixing relevant experience or qualification equivalent to NZQF level 2 or 3
- Friendly, with good time management, excellent work ethic are essential
- Time management skills
- A commitment to learning and developing your skills within the industry
- Sound knowledge of H and S procedures
- Reliable and hardworking
Min $27.76 per hour to a maximum of $30 per hour
Hours of work
Minimum 30 hours of work is guaranteed
You may be required to work in multiple locations throughout New Zealand including Auckland, Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes bay, Taranaki, Gisborne, Whanganui-Manawatu, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson-Tasman, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago and Southland.
This role will be permanent and full-time job
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and brief covering letter outlining your experience and skills.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.