We’re looking for a new Assistant Accountant to join the team based south of Te Awamutu!
It's a diverse role this one! You'll join the team for a 12 month fixed term parental leave cover, and find yourself getting stuck into all things finance and accounting, and supporting our external Accountants… duties including accounts payable / receivable, cashflow, reconciliations, month end, budget maintenance, and more!
Don’t be fooled, this isn’t just a purely sit behind your desk administration role. You’ll also need to be comfortable engaging with the team including external stakeholders, as well as the leadership and operations team. Great communication, and being a team player will be key to success in this role!
If you’re up to make the process better and have initiative to implement improvements, then read on!
What will you be doing?
- Completion and co-ordination of accounts and financial administrative tasks. This includes things such as such as accounts payable and receivable, cashflow, budgets, stock costings etc.
- Complete month end and year end tasks, with the support from Accountants.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies in your accounts and reporting
- Assist with GST, FBT, and other IRD reporting through support from Accountants
What's in it for you:
- Based 20 minutes south of Te Awamutu, with a number of the team commuting from Hamilton you could car pool!
- Full or part time hours negotiable
- 12 month fixed term maternity cover
- Above market rates for the right person.
Making our processes better, and implementing improvements is everyone’s responsibility in this team. We’re looking for someone who’s a true team player, and has the initiative to solve a problem when they see one!
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Proven experience in accounts administration, including using Xero technology. Ideally you will have been in a finance / accounts role, in sole charge before.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great attention to detail, time management, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Xero or other ERP packages.
- Competent in Microsoft suite, with good excel knowledge
Now that you know a bit about the role, let us tell you a bit about our clients who you’ll be working for! A great team innovating and manufacturing NZ product for 25 years ready for export. A collaborative NZ business, that works closely with farmers across New Zealand to grow their potential export markets and opportunities. A small team who love a challenge and take pride in their brand.
Sound like you? Apply Now! We look forward to hearing from you!