Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
32 hours per week, Permanent
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, rau rangatira mā, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa.
Hospice Waikato is an inclusive and supportive organisation focused on leading the specialist field of palliative care. We are committed to providing patient and whānau focused, professional care, for people living with life limiting illnesses.
We currently have an opportunity for a Social Worker to join our Family Services Team.
You would be working alongside other professionals to provide specialist palliative care and psychosocial support to patients and their whanau. As a member of our Family Services, you will be integral in providing holistic care and committed to developing your social work abilities. You will contribute to the collective growth and development of the Family Services team at Hospice Waikato.
To be the right fit for this role and our organisation you would have:
• Tertiary Qualification in Social Work with own Code of Ethics
• Registration with ANZASW
• Three years’ experience in psychosocial care in a healthcare setting
• Experience working with people and families living with life limiting conditions and/or other significant life challenges.
• Knowledge of palliative care and Hospice philosophy
• A passion for supporting palliative patients, their whānau and caregivers
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Proven success in providing support for team members both on an individual and group basis
• Emotional maturity and resilience
• Current full New Zealand driver’s licence
In return, Hospice Waikato offers a place which:
• Supports its people emotionally and professionally
• Is committed to being the best in its field
• Develops its people to the highest professional skill level
• Delivers its services with a multidisciplinary focus
Want to know more? Contact Vivien Young, Family Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any aspects of the role.
Apply via SEEK. Applications close 18 July and will be reviewed throughout this time. Find more about Hospice Waikato and a copy of the position description at http://www.hospicewaikato.org.nz/.
We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values ofHapori - Community, Akiaki - Advocacy, Whakarangatira - Respect and Aroha – Empathy.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment health screening (including drug testing) and complete a criminal records check, the results of which must be to Hospice Waikato’s satisfaction. Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid work visa and be fully vaccinated against Covid-19