- Variety in a rapidly growing environment
- Inclusive, community minded team
- Great location
Manage and support the full health, safety and risk portfolio in this busy retail environment
About the role
Fast becoming the hub for retail in West Auckland, this facility is at the heart of the community. Our client has a focus on providing accessibility, amenities, functionality and value to their clients, their customers and the community.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day health and safety within the Centre, asset and risk management and be a visible leader, promoting positive risk and security behaviours, ensuring compliance and business continuity.
Within this varied environment you’ll be involved in construction safety, traffic management, contractor management and be confident in your document design and review, administrative duties and building solid and significant relationships in your local community.
This role has a working week from Tuesday to Saturday. On Saturdays you will be Duty Manager, adding further variety to your working week. Enjoy those lazy Sundays and blissful Monday sleep-ins while the rest of us rush to work!
Duties will include:
- Contractor prequalification and inductions
- Regular review and update of Emergency and Business Continuity Plans
- Managing insurance claims
- Coordinating and delivering employee training
- Contributing to the Sustainability Committee
- Maintenance of HS Manual and documents
- Providing advice on compliance and Risk Management
- Manage onsite security team and review incidents
To perform this role successfully you will have:
- Relevant OSH qualification
- Solid experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail and excellent time management
- An understanding of commercial business requirements
- Proven experience in building effective working relationships
- Excellent report writing skills
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #3321.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. There are no visa sponsorship opportunities with this role.