About the company
Join a family run business whose name has been synonymous in Southland for over 20 years with the manufacture, production and supply of quality stockfeed and seed.
They offer a range of specialised seed and feed products locally and nationwide to a variety of rural clients, from large commercial operations through to the lifestyle block.About the role
As the Head Mill Operator/Storeman, you will predominantly oversee the mill and at times work as a member of the production team, contributing directly to achieving high quality results, timely and accurate distribution and reaching manufacturing targets across a range of product and services.
This is a role for an experienced, capable, energetic and hardworking jack-of-all-trades as you will need to turn your hand and problem-solving skills to a variety of tasks and duties. This role has seasonal considerations, so duties can change on demand and include field work with the mobile plant, stock feed manufacturing as well as general maintenance, light engineering and bagging at times.
In return you'll receive a generous hourly rate, work in a small and collaborative team and, for the right candidate, the potential to take a further stake in the operation over time.
Usual hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday- Friday, with very occasional weekend work.Key duties & responsibilities:
The right candidate will have:
- Maintenance of plant and machinery
- Assisting with production planning, processing and targets
- Operating machinery and vehicles
- Weighing and blending product
- Customer service - dealing with the general public and freight operators
- Inward/outward goods
- Stockfeed manufacturing
- Seasonal on farm dressing
- Class 1, F-OSH Licence and clean driving record (Class 2 desirable)
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Broad mechanical aptitude including engineering and trade skills
- Good level of fitness due to some heavy lifting
- Proven work history with a rural or trade background being a distinct advantage
- Team player attitude with well-developed interpersonal skills
Due to the nature of the role, a non-smoker with no allergies is preferable.
Please apply online or call Keir Morrison on 032183146 for a confidential discussion.