- Contribute to the city and the community.
- Make a tangible difference.
- A city offering great work/life balance.
It’s a really exciting time at Hutt City Council with a Mayor, Chief Executive and a number of Councillors who bring amongst other things youth and diversity. They are on an ambitious trajectory for city development and growth.
The Director, Strategy & Engagement will form part of the Corporate Leadership team and is at the heart of the relationship and interaction with governance, setting the forward strategic planning agenda for Hutt City Council, co-ordinating input from the Business Groups to support the creation of a compelling vision, a robust plan and comprehensive performance and accountability measures. The Director will stretch Council’s ambition by continuously scanning the horizon to identify new opportunities and will champion the ‘voice of the customer’ across the Council. They will oversee the functions of Strategy and Planning, Communications and Engagement, Emergency Management, Democratic Services, and the EPMO.
The Director will report to the CE, and together alongside governance they will co-create a vibrant, inclusive and sustainable Hutt City in which all of its people thrive. It would be desirable to have experience or an understanding of local government, with the following skills and attributes at an advanced level:
• A leadership style that is collaborative, open, influential and builds coalitions to mobilise innovation and achieve results
• Well-developed strategic thinking and thought leadership skills
• Proven people-leadership experience of managing managers
• Political and financial acumen
• Sound decision-making and judgement capability
• An ability to work in a highly complex environment and deal with ambiguity
• A strong community focus and be known for getting things done.
This is a unique time to join the Council and we invite you to apply to contribute to the future of Hutt City.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday, 31 January 2022
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Simon Boyes or David Hollander on 04 550 8000