Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Salary band - $63,000 - $86,000 p.a prorata and Kiwisaver
- Permanent full-time position 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
Reporting to the Unit Manager, this role forms part of a dedicated team of Allied Heath Professionals, Registered Nurses and Administrative Staff who are all committed to providing quality patient care for our community.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Our Single Point of Entry, Care Coordination Centre is passionate about the community it serves and strives to work effectively, whilst keeping our clients' best interests at the top of our minds.
- Collaborate with a team of health professional colleagues
- Manage district referrals for entry criteria, clinical priority and ongoing allocation to other health professionals and their services or to health providers directly
- Enjoy variety through a dynamic and unpredictable workday responding to ebbs and flows in referral demand
- Supervise a range of non-complex to complex health scenarios including people who require home support services, clinical needs assessments to palliative care funding
- Develop in an office-based role, with a supportive orientation program
- Communicate both verbal and written advice to clients, whānau, other health professionals and administrative staff regarding available support services to assist clients
- Days of work are Monday to Friday
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- An Allied health professional who holds current registration
- Demonstrate a high level of competence assessment and facilitation of services
- Show an ability to consistently apply access and entry criteria
- Work collaboratively to achieve the best outcome for patients
- Have experience with data entry, Outlook, and other computer-based systems
Painga - Benefits
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote, and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the District Health Boards/PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and falls between step 2 ($63,702 p.a) and step 8 ($85,992 p.a) pro rata of the Degree-based Allied, Public Health & Technical Pay Scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 26 November 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor, all conversations will be confidential in nature firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/