Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, part time senior nursing opportunity to take that next step in your nursing career.
- Excellent relationship building & time management skills
- Currently hold or be working towards a relevant Clinical Post Graduate qualification.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We provide urological services for Canterbury and the West Coast. Our team of nine urologists provide tertiary care in all subspecialties of urology including uro-oncology, paediatric urology, urogynaecology and treatment of urological conditions after spinal cord injuries. The team of clinical nurse specialists work closely alongside the Urologists, nurses and the multidisciplinary team.
Pehea | About You
We are seeking a passionate Clinical Nurse Specialist - Urology to work part time within the Christchurch team. We are striving to create a more effective and efficient service for client with specialist urological needs. The days-per-week arrangement will be dependent of clinic needs and meeting patient demand.
The CNS will be working alongside members of our senior nursing team to provide a consistent approach to care delivery across the service. Support developments in the workflow and clinical practice across the wider team. The CNS will also be responsible for initiating and supporting staff delivering care within all areas of service.
There is a strong relationship with the rural General Practitioners and their practice to ensure services meet the need of the consumer and their family whanau. By taking this opportunity you will be a part of a forward thinking service that is making a true difference.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Extensive experience in Urological nursing
- Excellent communication & computer skills
- Strong relationship building skills to work collaboratively across our interdisciplinary team.
- You will act as a specialist resource for other nurses, medical practitioners and patients.
- You should have proven leadership ability and be able to demonstrate that you are adaptable, flexible to achieve solution focused.
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Have quality improvement/change management knowledge or experience.
Mō mātou - About us
From July last year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people - become part of our team.
Tono ināianei - Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt - Recruitment Partner - email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the vacancy is filled.