Fixed term, fulltime research opportunity
Directorate of Patient Experience and Nursing, CM Health
The Nurse Researcher position is a senior nurse position designed to assist with the research projects within the Directorate of Patient Experience and Nursing. Working closely with the teams, you will be an essential member of the quality and research team. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for specific quality and research projects within the department (to be confirmed).
You will have a desire to develop evidence to make a difference to our population, continue your research career, support and lead manuscripts to publication and be supported to pursue your own academic clinical career in the future.
The research agenda in the Directorate of Patient Experience and Nursing currently consists of:
- TUPU Fund: The experience of fundamental care delivery in an acute in-patient setting for Pacific and Asian patient
- TUPU Fund: Rangatiratanga: Striving for excellence in nursing practice through the nursing process in an acute hospital
- Support regional and locality approval processes where the Chief Nurse is the District lead.
As a senior nurse you will be interacting with a diverse range of health professionals and multi-disciplinary teams, as well as external commercial multi-national organisations. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have a demonstrated ability to build successful professional relationships.
This is a role for a registered nurse who has experience working as a self-directed professional. You will understand that attention to detail, a flexible and adaptable approach to work and your ability to manage up and down will see you succeed in this role.
Anticipated Work Commitments
This a Monday to Friday full-time position based at Middlemore Hospital Directorate of Patient Experience and Nursing. This role is fixed term till December 2024.
You will need to:
- Be a Registered Nurse with a current APC
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ clinical/research experience
- Have an Honours degree or Masters in research
- Understand the significance of the Ti Tiriti o Waitangi and display cultural sensitivity
- Have exceptional problem-solving skills
- Be computer savvy
- Have an understanding of legal and ethical responsibilities
- Have exceptional interpersonal and relational skills
Apply Now, or for more information, please contact Amon Iva in the Recruitment Centre on 09 277 3461.
Application Number: CMH202312379
Application Closes: 04th December 2023