Our Mangere/Airport Oaks based client is seeking a highly motivated and reliable Coach Building Manager that not only can effectively manage a team but is just as happy to get stuck in and get ‘on the tools’ to ensure work is up to specification and on time.
Ideally having at least 6-7 years of experience in coach building or similar type work, the position requires a mature, self-motivated person who can operate independently as well as effectively within a team to provide clear leadership and management to employees. The role requires an individual who promotes continuous improvement, able to demonstrate an understanding of the strategic direction of the Company and is forward looking but able to demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changes in direction and strategy due to customer servicing requirements, changes in the Company’s operating environment and competitor activity.
You will need to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to deal and negotiate, whilst maintaining professionalism with all walks of life within Industry.
What’s on Offer?
- Monday to Friday with OT rates available – 7am to 5pm
- Pay rate between $39 to $45ph depending on skills and experience.
Responsibilities with the role:
- Day to day managing of the team, the workshop and improving on what is an already great company culture.
- Co-ordinating sub-contractors and suppliers, as and when required.
- Ensuring parts ordered are correct and within standards and minimising wastage as best as possible.
- Maintain a high level of ‘job records’ with all necessary data recorded.
- Continuous improvement of tasks and processes to become a highly efficient depot.
- Quick thinking and able to identify business opportunities to develop the client base in the area and beyond.
- Maintain a high level of customer service both to internal and external clients alike.
- Willingness to be involved in training of apprentices as well as your skills and experiences with experienced staff.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop and ensure all tools and equipment are serviced to standard and returned to specified areas.
- Be highly Health & Safety conscious and ensure all staff head home safely.
- To always adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to be on call from time to time due to servicing breakdowns.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Ability to concisely communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to deal with customers in a confident and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively ‘sell’ ideas to the internal team as well as customers.
- Understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven workshop supervisory skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skill to facilitate team development.
- Time management and personal planning skills.
- Innovative and creative approach to daily workshop tasks.
- Demonstrate customer service focus.
- At least seven years ‘on the job’ coach building experience.
- Experience in workshop supervisory or management position (desirable)
- Certified coach builder or equivalent
- Knowledge in auto electrical aspects of vehicle maintenance (desirable)
- Relevant experience in heavy and/or bus automotive coachbuilding
- Experience in service management position (desirable)
- PC literate, exposure to Orion/Auxo Software a bonus
- Heavy traffic license (Class 2 & 4) preferred but not a must as you’ll be trained accordingly to meet standard.
You must also be able to pass a Drug Test and return a satisfactory MOJ check.
If you’re looking for a change or to take the next step in your career and join a thriving company that’s an essential service, we recommend APPLYING ASAP or call us on 09 2650457 or 0800178233 and ask for the Botany Branch for a confidential chat.