Are you an experienced Commissioning Technician looking to advance your career in the Power, Distribution, and High Voltage electrical industry?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our clients collaborative and supportive team.
As a Commissioning Technician at our company, you will be an integral part of the Projects team, responsible for upgrading or constructing High Voltage Substations.
- Supporting maintenance activities and conducting relevant quality checks and audits.
- Executing high voltage substation tasks with a strong emphasis on Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
- Identifying and rectifying faults, performing installations, testing, and programming of substation and electrical assets.
- Managing the installation of substation equipment, transformers, and switchgear.
- Consulting manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and engineering personnel to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues.
- Undertaking end-to-end tasks for all assigned projects.
- Experience in High Voltage work, with preference for Generation, Distribution, or Transmission experience.
- A Diploma/Bachelor’s in electrical engineering, Electrical certificate, or license.
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in power assets.
- Registration (full, provisional, or limited) from the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) as an Electrician or Electrical Engineer.
- Practical experience in the industry is essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Competitive pay rates based on skills and experience.
- Essential leadership training for career advancement.
- Access to cutting-edge technology and equipment.
- Social activities, including team-building events such as the Amazing Race, BBQs, and project completion celebrations.
- This is a permanent, full-time role requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Only candidates who have legal right to work in New Zealand may apply.
Travel within the region (primarily in the Hawkes Bay, Wellington, and Palmerston North) is expected, making it an ideal opportunity for those interested in exploring New Zealand while expanding their skills and experience in the Power industry.
Apply for this exciting role or call Jobi at 0272233756 for more information.