Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you want to steer your finance career in a strategic, business focused direction?
The Finance Manager is a trusted leader and advisor to the Finance team, the Operations and Service Delivery group, the Chief Operating Officer, and the Ministry's senior leadership team.
Te Haeata/The Opportunity
You will lead a team of finance business partners and management accountants who work collaboratively across the Ministry with a primary focus on the Operations and Service Delivery (OSD) group. The OSD group includes courts, tribunals, legal aid, centralised national services, and service improvement. The team provides excellent financial advice and services.
- Recommendations and analysis that go beyond the numbers
- Plan and monitor budgeting and reporting
- Turn financial data into strategic decision-making information
- Use political nous and advanced interpersonal skills
Ō pūkenga/Skills and Experience
If your experience looks a little different from what we have outlined, and you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven success in leading, motivating, and engaging a team
- Experience in financial management in a medium to large public sector agency
- Advanced strategic thinking, written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in business or management
- Full CA (or equivalent) preferred
- Be committed to the principles of te Tiriti o Waitangi
Mō mātou/About us
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to strengthening people's trust in the law of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Finance's vision is that “Our customers trust us". We develop powerful partnerships; we aim to achieve our outcomes with best value for money; we leverage digital enhancements to transform the way we do business; and we invest in our people to have a talented and successful team.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities, and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Ngā painga o tēnei wāhi mahi/What's great about working here
We offer you a range of benefits to support your wellbeing and help make the Ministry a great place to be. These include:
- 22 days holiday leave
- flexible work hours where possible
- an online professional development portal
- access to a variety of inclusive and proactive networks
See our full range of benefits here.
With a wide range of jobs, you also get the chance to gain a variety of skills and experience while developing your career.
The appointing salary for this role will be between $147,972 and $206,570 based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 10 December 2023; however, we will be reviewing CVs as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn