We are looking for a Geotechnical Technician at beginner to intermediate level to join our team in Napier. This full-time position starting is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop or kick-start their career, as on-the-job training is provided.
In this role, you will be expected to perform field testing to a high level of accuracy. The work will be hands-on and physical, and therefore requires a reasonable degree of physical capability and, at times, may involve working in adverse environmental conditions. The nature of the work may require early starts, late finishes and occasional overtime.
What you'll bring:
- You will ideally have completed a degree or a diploma in Geography, Geology, Earth Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Science.
- 0-2 years' similar work experience.
- A full driver's license (Class 1).
- Able to lift items weighing 25+ kg on a regular basis; and
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision but also collaborate with team members when required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a high work standard and good attention to detail.
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; Geotechnics is involved in a number of large-scale projects, as well as smaller community-focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual well-being allowance and well-being programme
- An active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at Geotechnics!)
Who we are:
Geotechnics Ltd is a specialist materials testing company providing laboratory- and field-testing services to the geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering industries. We have offices in Auckland, Pukekohe, Hamilton, Napier, Tauranga, Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch.
At Geotechnics we believe you should love your job and the environment you work in. Our company culture has been integral to our growth and development - guided by our shared values that put honesty, openness and caring for our customers and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
We offer ongoing training and professional development and promote an open culture where innovation and continuous improvement is encouraged. Geotechnics Ltd is a company where you can feel comfortable asking others for advice and where people are equally willing to listen to your ideas. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, though professional team who focus on delivering first-class, efficient solutions.
- Reference #:
- Posted on:
20 Oct 2023
- Closes on:
Environmental Science, Field technician, Geology
- Job level(s):
Entry, Experienced, Senior
- Work type(s):
Full Time, Permanent