Kei te hiahia mātou ki ōu | We want your skills
We are seeking an individual that brings their personality to the role, someone who is a keen, quick learner, isn't afraid to ask questions, and strives for just a little bit more.
Due to increased work, we have multiple opportunities available within our team!
If you have a keen interest in developing a career in the following, please click apply below!
- Laboratory Technician
- Concrete Technician
- Site investigation coordinator
- Field Technician
- Geotechnical Technician
- Skilled Labourer
These roles are all full-time and permanent. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop or kick-start their career, as on-the-job training is provided.
For all roles, we are looking for someone with both strong written and verbal communication. You should be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision but also collaborate with team members when required. You will have the passion to deliver work to a high standard and have great attention to detail.
You will have needed to have completed level 2 NCEA (or the equivalent) and ideally have completed a degree or a diploma in Geography, Geology, Earth Sciences, Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Science, but this is not essential.
- Practical, with good tool skills and a "Kiwi No 8 wire" mentality;
- naturally looks for solutions "outside of the square" when solutions are not obvious;
- able to prioritise workload and convey to others when there may be urgency required to fulfil customer expectations;
- computer literate, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
Mō tō mātou āhuatanga | Who we are
Geotechnics Ltd is a specialist materials testing company, providing laboratory- and field-testing services to the geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering industries. We have offices in Auckland, Pukekohe, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch.
At Geotechnics we believe you should love your job and the environment you work in.
Our company culture has been integral to our growth and development - guided by our shared values that put honesty, openness and caring for our customers and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
We offer ongoing training and professional development and promote an open culture where innovation and continuous improvement is encouraged. Geotechnics Ltd is a company where you can feel comfortable asking others for advice and where people are equally willing to listen to your ideas. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, though professional team who focus on delivering first-class, efficient solutions.
Our benefits | Ngā Hua
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; Geotechnics is involved in a number of large-scale projects, as well as smaller community-focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual well-being allowance and well-being programme
- An active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at Geotechnics!)
For more information, check out our website | Toroa tā mātou pae tukutuku mō ētehi atu kōrero
Interested? Apply online by clicking the Apply Now button or for more information on for more on Geotechnics Ltd, go to www.geotechnics.co.nz.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEM Academy.