Are you a talented and motivated Engineering Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills and contribute to a significant infrastructure project? Join T+T NZ, a leading engineering consultancy, as an Intermediate Engineering Geologist/Geotechnical Engineer and work with the prestigious Mt Messenger Alliance in New Plymouth for the first couple of years of your time at T+T.
About T+T NZ and the Mt Messenger Alliance:
T+T NZ is a highly respected and innovative engineering consultancy with a track record of delivering world-class solutions for our clients. Our multidisciplinary team of experts thrives on challenging projects, working collaboratively to shape the future of infrastructure in New Zealand.
The Mt Messenger Alliance is a high-profile infrastructure initiative focused on the development of a critical transportation corridor. The project involves the construction of bridges, a tunnel, rock cuttings, fill embankments and associated structures in challenging geological conditions. As a member of the Alliance, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the success of this iconic project and work alongside industry-leading professionals.
- Conduct detailed geotechnical investigations, site inspections, and geological assessments to identify potential risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations on ground engineering and geotechnical matters to inform project design and construction activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of geotechnical monitoring and instrumentation programs to ensure project safety and compliance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including geologists, engineers, and contractors, to ensure effective communication and coordination of project activities.
- Prepare technical reports, data analysis, and presentations to communicate findings, progress, and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of geotechnical methodologies, practices, and standards within the organisation.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in geotechnical investigations, slope stability analysis, and ground engineering within the civil engineering sector. This could include slope works, reviewing instrumentation data, bridges, tunnelling or other related construction experience.
- Proficiency in geotechnical software and tools, such as RocScience, GeoStudio, CloudCompare, Global Mapper, Settle3D, RS2 or Plaxis, for analysis and design purposes.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to identifying and addressing geotechnical challenges.
- A collaborative mindset, with the ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Opportunity to work on a high-profile infrastructure project with significant long-term impact.
- Exposure to cutting-edge geotechnical methodologies and technologies.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment that encourages professional growth and development.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Potential for further career advancement within T+T NZ, a reputable and leading engineering consultancy.
- Internal training programs.
- Mentoring programs.
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance, mobile phone allowance and wellbeing programme.
- Additional parental leave, salary top-up and a back to work coaching programme (as per policy).
- Relocation Assistance and Support.
APPLY NOW! T+T is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
'Everyone Matters' is one of our three core values at T+T, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster inclusion, participation, and equal opportunity.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEMM Academy.
We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pacific languages to apply. T+T are proud to be part of the Rainbow Tick Whānau and welcome applicants from rainbow communities.
- Reference #:
- Posted on:
19 Oct 2023
- Closes on:
29 Nov 2023 12:00
Taranaki Project Office
Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering
- Job level(s):
Graduate (1-4 years), Professional (5-10)
- Work type(s):
Full Time, Part Time, Permanent