Tonkin + Taylor is New Zealand's leading engineering and environmental consultancy, renowned for our technical excellence in solving complex challenges. We are proudly a New Zealand, employee-owned company and our collective mission is to create and sustain a better world.
At T+T, we strongly believe that it's our people that keep our clients coming back. Our people are known for being 'humble high-achievers': delivering award-winning solutions, working collaboratively, and delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients. They are our greatest asset, and we invest in their development, well-being, and career aspirations.
Kei te hiahia mātou ki ōu pūkenga | We want your skills
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer to join us in Wellington and be part of a thriving and growing Geotechnical team. If you are someone who values autonomy, mastery and purpose in your work and will thrive in a team environment where every day is different, we'd love to speak to you!
Kei te whakapono mātou ki tō whanaketanga | We want to develop you
Working at T+T provides a rich learning environment for individuals to grow and develop every day. You're in the driver's seat when it comes to your learning, and there are heaps of opportunities to tap into a wealth of knowledge, expertise and formal development opportunities.
Join us and you will:
- be part of the largest Geotechnical Consultancy business in New Zealand
- work on a diverse range of challenging projects throughout New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific
- have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored and supported by world-class geotechnical experts
- be supported with your career ambitions and have heaps of opportunities for development
Na tōu rourou | What you'll bring
- 5-10 years of Engineering Geology or Geotechnical experience
- Understands or is keen to learn the intricacies of a successful consultancy
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and take them from proposal stage through to reporting
- Ideally have local knowledge of ground conditions around the Wellington region
- An innovative, collaborative person who has strong interpersonal skills and loves working in a team
- Enthusiasm towards developing an Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering career amongst experts
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; T+T are involved in a number of large-scale alliance projects, as well as smaller community focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- A flexible working culture and formal flexible working arrangements including part time working and ability to purchase extra leave
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance and wellbeing programme
- A very active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at T+T!)
- Additional parental leave, salary top-up and a back to work coaching programme (as per policy)
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
We embrace flexible working at T+T and aim to work in a way that serves the needs of our people, clients and communities. Our flexible working culture enables us to work flexibly to create better work and life experiences. We welcome applicants who wish to work part-time or flexible hours.
Toroa tā mātou pae tukutuku mō ētehi atu kōrero | For more information, check out our website
APPLY NOW! Or for further information on T+T, go to: http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz. T+T is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
'Everyone Matters' is one of our three core values at T+T, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster inclusion, participation, and equal opportunity.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEMM Academy. We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
T+T are proud to be part of the Rainbow Tick Whanau and welcome applicants from rainbow communities.