Exciting opportunity for experienced Laboratory Manager in sunny Gisborne!
MANAGE a dynamic "state of art" laboratory!
LEAD a team of skilled Technicians!
BUILD a positive team culture & environment!
The main purpose of this role will be to provide leadership, direction, supervision and management across the laboratory with the specific focus on maintaining and enhancing quality systems.
- Tertiary qualification in science with at least 5 years’ experience in compliance or an analytical testing laboratory specializing in water, food, soil or equivalent. Strong understanding of quantitative chemistry, mathematics, biology and/or microbiology.
- ELISA virus testing and fruit maturity testing beneficial, as well as flexibility to work "other" hours during busy periods and seasons (mainly kiwifruit and ELISA).
- Ability to achieve IANZ KTP status in multiple test areas and previous experience upholding IANZ 17025 accreditation and quality management systems.
- Proven ability leading and developing training programmes ensuring adequate skills base for the laboratory and seasonal staff.
- Proficiency in report writing/SOPs, as well as the investigation of incidents and implementing changes to SOP’s when required.
- Computer literate (familiar using LIM Systems), and ability to manage budgets.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in one of NZ's world-class "state of the art" commercial laboratories, in a region most famous for it's sunny climate, friendly community and gorgeous beaches.
- Excellent remuneration package in line with skills and experience, plus medical insurance, plus well-being allowance.
- Free lunches provided in "family-feel" cafeteria, Tuesday to Friday.
- Make a difference in the lives of East Coast community members by helping to ensure safe drinking water for all district schools, businesses, and households.
Our client is a multidisciplinary laboratory, offering a range of diagnostic testing and R&D in the areas of water quality and plant health. With its origins in grapevine health certification, they play an integral role in the NZ viticulture industry. Community is at the heart of what they do; they are the only laboratory in Gisborne offering environmental testing to the people!
Moving forward, this proactive growing company can offer a secure long term career path. You will work with a group of highly skilled technical professionals and for a company highly respected in its field.
For further information on this fabulous opportunity call Jannine Myers on 027 480 4542