Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We're looking for a coordination superstar to support our fantastic team. We need an enthusiastic, organised and talented administrator to actively manage coordination of the Te Papa Learning Team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for the development and administration of system and processes required to support a dynamic and busy learning team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- administrative coordination and support to the Learning Innovation team,
- developing, maintaining and overseeing the booking and client management systems,
- producing reports and tracking performance for the team,
- coordinating production of material by relevant learning staff,
- handling and following up on incoming enquiries in a timely manner,
- supporting promotional work and providing excellent customer service,
- coordinating logistics and travel bookings.
You will be capable and self-motivated, an expert problem solver who is able to turn your hand to any task required. You will have a flair for setting up systems and processes and supporting delivery based teams. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive, pro-active approach are critical. A background in office support and coordination would be advantageous.
First and foremost, it's all about attitude. The following personal attributes are essential for this role:
- Ability to take responsibility and show initiative,
- Ability to build a rapport with a wide range of people,
- Highly organised and a quick thinker, with attention to detail,
- Total commitment to providing quality,
- An adaptable and flexible approach,
- A willingness to contribute fully as a team member,
- Some experience in using and extracting data reporting from CRM systems,
- Be able to support the implementation of activities and projects that are innovative and creative
- Have knowledge and understanding of Tikanga and Te Reo Māori.
- Fluency in Te Reo (written and spoken) would be advantageous.
You will have excellent computer skills and be confident using Microsoft Office programmes and online systems. An interest in or experience with working in education, and/or the museum sector, would be beneficial.
If this role sounds like it could provide your next challenge, and you have the right to work in New Zealand, please apply by clicking on the button below, including a cover letter and CV with your application. Tell us what excites you about working at Te Papa and why you're a great match for this exciting role—we look forward to hearing from you.
The appointment range for this position is $59,439 - $67,591. Offers will reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and internal relativities with other employees.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand. Te Papa is committed to the protection and wellbeing of children. A component of this role involves interaction with children so, as a part of the assessment process, we will require Police Vetting of preferred candidates to ensure we are providing a safe environment for children. This requirement complies with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Applications close on 22 November 2023.