Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Tauranga based role with travel
- 12 month Fixed Term/Secondment
- Salary $165,272 p/a + 5 weeks annual leave + employee benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Construction Project Manager - HDS is responsible for leading the construction phase of multiple projects within assigned property developments, in collaboration with a wider project team, ensuring that all projects are completed on time, on budget and to required quality and legislative standards.
As part of a Housing Delivery System MBU you will work in a highly-focused, highly-collaborative team that works together in an office environment dedicated to producing consistent, reproducible and scheduled results. Your role is to be the driver of the development process requirements.
The team will be highly focused and deeply collaborative as they work together in the office during set hours, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday with no working from home.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in construction
- Able to travel regionally
- Substantial technical experience working in the construction industry
- Significant experience managing multiple projects concurrently, with the ability to prepare comprehensive and robust project plans which identify project risks and mitigation strategies
- A recognised Project Management qualification preferred
- Demonstrated experience in contract management & negotiation
- Proven ability of working in a dynamic and collaborative environment that focuses on the team winning
- Proven success in delivering to expectations with high volume work activities
- Sound understanding of all legislative requirements within the construction industry (3910, Healthy Homes Act, etc.)
- Proven demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills in the engagement of key stakeholders, community and neighbourhood groups, including iwi
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave, and fantastic employee benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close 29th November 2023 at 23:55pm
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.