Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Facilities and Property
Based in Southland Hospital
Salary band $66,000 - $80,000 and Kiwisaver
- There's a lot going on in healthcare, now is a great time to jump in and use your enthusiasm and mechanical skills to help us look after the health and well-being of our community.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Our mechanical team is made up of fitters and plumbers, who look after a wide variety of plants and equipment, they're the people who keep the hospital running - Keeping it warm, safe, and compliant.
You'll be responsible for carrying out various aspects of mechanical maintenance, including maintaining critical life-saving equipment, as well as supporting energy reduction projects as we move towards a carbon-zero future.
Mōu ake - About you
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience as a mechanical engineer/fitting or turning machinist
- National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering level four
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment would be a big help
- Most importantly, a positive can-do attitude
View position description
Painga - Benefits
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
- A supportive environment with an emphasis on career development
- Being part of a team that helps save lives
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to range of retail discounts
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote, and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the AWUNZ Collective Agreement for maintenance trades roles and falls between Step 1 ($65,920 p.a) and Step 5 ($80,340 p.a)
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Sunday, 26 November 2023.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Deb McDonald, Recruitment Advisor, (03) 470 9268 all conversations will be confidential in nature Deb.McDonald@southerndhb.govt.nz
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/