Facilities Management/Property Services/Engineering/Trades (2)
Human Resources (2)
Public Health (2)
Allied Health (34)
Community/Public Health (3)
House Officer (3)
Medical Specialist & Fellows (27)
Mental Health (38)
Auckland City Hospital
Greenlane Clinical Centre
Starship Child Health
Phyiotherapy role in Auckland's Taiao Ora: Integrated stroke, Neurology and Rehabilitation unit.
- Opportunity to join our Physiotherapy team in the Taiao Ora integrated stroke, neurology, and rehabilitation unit
- Supportive, friendly multidisciplinary team with great onboarding
Te whiwhinga mahi The Opportunity
We are looking for an experiencedNZ RegisteredPhysiotherapistto work inWard 51 Integrated Stroke and Neurology unit (Taiao Ora)in either astaticorseniorrole depending on experience. This role is based atAuckland City Hospitaland is afixed-term role, full-timefor 14 months until March 2025. This key role reports directly to the Physiotherapy Clinical Lead and is an ideal opportunity for experienced physiotherapist wanting to develop their leadership capabilities and advance their skills in:
- Implementing evidence-based practice and service development
- Motivating, guiding, and developing staff
- Clinical leadership
This role will also see you performing the below duties:
- The caseload includes providing a comprehensive service to our acute stroke, neuro, and rehab patients
- There is the opportunity to play an active role in quality improvement, staff and service development
- Work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Participate in our weekend and on-call roster
Regardless of your experience, you will receive a thorough orientation and be well-supported in your role. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of conditions from specialist services.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- As a static therapist you would ideally have 3+ years of post-graduate experience including clinical experience in rehabilitation/ stroke/ neurology
- As a senior therapist 5+ years of post-graduate experience including clinical experience in rehabilitation/ stroke/ neurology
- Significant experience working in the hospital or community setting
- A flexible, proactive and can-do approach with experience supporting staff and students
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Evidence of establishing and developing working relationships within the wider MDT
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
For more information about this role please contactNina MacKenzie - Clinical Lead for Physiotherapyat
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children's Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part ofTe Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand , the overarching organisation for New Zealand's national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals - Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children's Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Advertising closes:Friday 17 th November at 11.59 pm(New Zealand standard time).
To applyplease click on the 'Apply' tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa
Salary Range: Step 1 $58513 to Step 12 $92,799 (depending on experience)
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that values and embraces the diverse population we serve. We welcome and support people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religion.
ADHB are currently looking to recruit top talent for a range of Allied Health jobs. Therapist jobs, speech therapist jobs, physiotherapist jobs, rehabilitation jobs, occupational therapist jobs are all in high demand. Auckland District Health Board prefers to recruit directly rather than through 3rd party recruitment agencies so scroll down to view all current Allied Health jobs.