Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mental Health and Addictions Services, Kaikohe (0.8 FTE, permanent)
Are you seeking that role with real impact and meaning? Would you like to see the tangible outcome of your work, in your community, every day? At Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand, we're driving health equality for Te Tai Tokerau, and we want you to be a part of our diverse and passionate whānau.
- A supportive and progressive work environment
- Interesting and wide variety of work involved to keep you engaged and motivated
- Plenty of professional development opportunities
- Relocation package if applicable
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About The Role;
We are looking for a Registered Health Clinician to join our supportive Mental Health and Addictions services multidisciplinary team part time (32 hours per week) in Kaikohe. We provide a full range of mental health and alcohol and drug services including assessment, group therapy, family/whānau and individual interventions. We work with both the person and their family to achieve the best possible results.
This role offers opportunities that include case management, assessment, monitoring, varied group work and liaison across the health sector. Applicants need to possess a willingness to professionally develop and be a positive team member.
- A qualified health professional with a current registration such as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or be eligible for DAPAANZ registration
- Experienced working in the alcohol and drug field and/or have a recognised qualification in alcohol and drug studies
- Skilled in assessing and treating people experiencing co-existing disorders
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- a passion for working alongside people and their whānau with a diverse and flexible approach and a commitment to Tikanga Māori.
A career with Te Whatu Ora will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-085