Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Career development and growth opportunity
- Huge variety of assets in a dynamic industry
- Based in our Petone office close to the beach and shops
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week.
The remuneration range for this role is $104,270 to $147,205 (including KiwiSaver) depending on skills and experience.
You will liaise across Wellington Waterteams, to bring together investment needs from across the business, and then help with the development, communication and monitoring of investment advice for our client councils,in support of their annual and long term plans and programmes. We are looking for someone who can work collaboratively with internal teams, align needs to strategic goals and communicate well in writing and inperson. Competence working with financial forecasting and spreadsheet financial models is an important element.
You will get to:
- provide written advice for Opex and Capex projects to Councils
- analyse and update investment plans
- monitor progress and provide advice on changes against the plan
- work collaboratively across the organisation to develop and deliver prioritised investment advice
- prepare three year rolling tactical plans to guide the programme of work managed by our PMO.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- a tertiary qualification in strategic planning, infrastructure development, asset management, policy, economics or associated similar discipline
- ideally five years' relevant experience
- proven experience of working in a collective and collaborative team environment
- demonstrated experience in clearly conveying information and ideas to suit the audience
- strong writing and editing skills
- strong relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Flexible working arrangements including up to two days working from home
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme, including one paid wellbeing day annually
- Formal and informal professional development opportunities
- Five weeks annual leave upon completion of two years' service
- One day per year to do water related volunteer work
Join us as we embark on a transformative journey in the water sector. We are seeking individuals to be part of this change and help shape the future of the water services in the wider Wellington region. Your job security is guaranteed, and your expertise will play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of sustainable water services to our communities.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region's professional water services provider. We are 100 percent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our councils own the water infrastructure in the region, and they task us to manage the infrastructure and deliver water services to their communities.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organisational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
Applications close on Monday, 27 November 2023.
How to apply
To view a copy of the position description: click here.
To apply for the role, click on the 'apply' button or visit the Wellington Water careers site.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it.
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.