We are looking for a Senior Laboratory Technician to join our team in Napier. This is a full time role (37.5 hours per week), and a great opportunity for someone looking to further their soil, aggregate and concrete laboratory testing career.
This is an opportunity to join a leading specialist geotechnical testing company with a broad scope of testing to increase your technical knowledge. The work will be hands-on and physical, and therefore requires a reasonable degree of physical capability.
We work on a number of large-scale infrastructure projects around New Zealand, enjoying a sense of achievement from getting involved in a range of work, and thrive on the learning opportunities provided.
- Processing and testing of soils, aggregate and concrete samples in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- Operating heavy testing and soil sampling equipment.
- Monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation.
- Data entry and processing of results.
- Liaising with customers and engineers.
- Completion of day-to-day tasks in a modern IANZ accredited civil lab testing facility.
- Tests are conducted to New Zealand and overseas standards and require a high attention to detail.
- You will be expected to perform laboratory- and field-testing to a high level of accuracy. The work will be hands-on and physical, and therefore requires a reasonable degree of physical capability and, at times, may involve working in adverse environmental conditions. The nature of the work may require early starts, late finishes and occasional overtime.
Nā tōu rourou | What you'll bring
- 2-5 years work experience in the laboratory testing of soil, concrete, aggregate, and asphalt.
- Computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- We are seeking an individual that brings their personality to the role, prides themselves on providing quality reliable data for customers and strives for just a little bit more.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to change.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, but also collaborate with team members when required.
- High standards, meticulous attention to detail and quality.
- Able to look at situations from both a commercial and customer perspective;
- Committed to performing all work in accordance with our IANZ accreditation and project management system.
Mō tō mātou āhuatanga | Who we are
Geotechnics Ltd is a specialist materials testing company providing laboratory- and field-testing services to the geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering industries. We have offices in Auckland, Pukekohe, Hamilton, Tauranga, the Hawkes Bay, Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch.
At Geotechnics we believe you should love your job and the environment you work in. Our company culture has been integral to our growth and development - guided by our shared values that put honesty, openness and caring for our customers and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
We offer ongoing training and professional development and promote an open culture where innovation and continuous improvement is encouraged. Geotechnics Ltd is a company where you can feel comfortable asking others for advice and where people are equally willing to listen to your ideas. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, though professional team who focus on delivering first-class, efficient solutions.
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- A salary ranging from $65,000 - $75,000 per annum.
- $500 annual well-being allowance and well-being programme.
- Paid overtime* per your contract
- Additional purchased leave up to 10 weeks per year
- Primary carer leave*
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; Geotechnics is involved in a number of large-scale projects, as well as smaller community-focused projects.
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions.
- Professional memberships and continued education support.
- Internal training programs.
- Mentoring programs.
- An active social club.
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at Geotechnics!)
Me Pehea te Tono | How to Apply
Apply online by clicking the Apply Now button or for more information on Geotechnics Ltd, go to www.geotechnics.co.nz. For more information on our careers go to www.tonkintaylor.co.nz/careers.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEM Academy.