Join this dynamic family owned New Zealand company that's one of the world’s leading suppliers and exporters of excavator couplers and attachments for earthworks, civil contracting and forestry industries. Known for their expertise and customer focussed approach to engineering design and manufacturing, they service clients all over the world.
Work in a state-of-the-art design and manufacturing facility that is is well resource and positioned to meet any market requirements.
Can you listen carefully to customers, confidently test out your ideas and continually research and fine-tuning results? It’s this approach, working with a highly skilled engineering team and advanced technologies that's makes this company stand out from the rest.
Do you have hands on experience in machining and fabricating and knowledge of earth moving equipment?
Do you like to spending your days designing excavator couplers and attachments on Solidworks, while working alongside your team to meet the clients needs?
- Research and development of new product.
- Prototype build and testing including in house and occasional onsite work.
- Training and mentoring of junior team members.
- Drafting and documentation for manufacture.
- Liaising with local and overseas suppliers of manufactured components.
- Occasional domestic and international travel to suppliers and customers.
- Peer review of drawings.
- 7 years plus design experience (at least 3yrs in NZ).
- BE or Diploma/NZCE (Mech) engineer preferred or evidence of equivalent experience in the mechanical engineering field.
- Be fluent in Solidworks including: good modelling practices, use of design tables, configurations, drafting skills, geometric tolerancing
- Understanding of FMEA, DFMEA and PFMEA risk assessments.
- Good knowledge of revision control and documentation including ECNs.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes of steel assemblies.
- Hydraulic experience including creating and reading schematics and design calculations.
- PLC programming for validation testing and or cycle testing.
- Good understanding of FEA and use of in Solidworks.
- Fluent in English and MS Office products.
- ERP/MRP system knowledge.
- Materials knowledge including metallurgy, steel grades, and hardening/coating processes.
This is a key role for our client and they are looking for someone with New Zealand based experience!
I will keep this job open as long as it takes to find the best person for it, so if you bring NZ based mechanical design experience and are very skilled on solidworks then please apply today!
If you don't think this is the role for you, but you are looking please reach out, I have many opportunities across civil, mechanical and rail engineering that may not be advertised, call Brianna on 021 541 736.