Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te tūnga | The role
We have a full-time permanent opportunity for a Senior Technician to join our Pharmaceutical Programme team within our Forensic Business Group.
Reporting to the Pharmaceutical Programme Team Leader, you will support the day-to-day technical, quality assurance, and administrative tasks to support the outputs of the Pharmaceutical Programme. This role will be based at our Kenepuru Science Centre in Porirua.
In this role, you will be involved in:
- The provision of analyses and services in relation to the chemical, physical, and microbiological analysis of pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical-like samples.
- Equipment management and qualification activities.
- Assisting in the maintenance and development of quality assurance procedures in the group to maintain IANZ and GMP standards.
- Coordinating laboratory activities including housekeeping, daily monitoring, and reagent preparation and peer-checking.
- Undertaking administrative activities relating to ordering, receipting, and analytical record management.
Kia angitu koe | About you
To be successful in the role, you will ideally have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in science (preferably chemistry), with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in an analytical testing laboratory.
- Competent in the analysis and characterisation and testing of pharmaceutical compounds or similar analysis, including the use of HPLC and/or GC and/or LCMS instrumentation.
- Understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and/or GMP as applied in a laboratory environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with a moderate level of relevant computer skills.
- The ability to work as a team member, supporting other team members and focused on achieving wider team objectives.
Ngā painga | The benefits
ESR provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing our people in a values-driven, flexible and ever evolving landscape. We are leaders in our field and our laboratory facilities are well equipped.
We offer diverse benefits including flexible working options that support everyone's lifestyle in balance with their work commitments. Our people gain value from other benefits such as job-related learning and development opportunities, access to employee health schemes, social events and wellbeing initiatives.
Tono mai | Apply Now
If you have any questions about the role or would like to request a full position description, please get in touch with Dorothy.Roy@esr.cri.nz.
We encourage applications from those with an understanding of or a willingness to develop their capability in Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga Māori, and/or te reo Māori.
If you are looking for a chance to meaningfully contribute to the wellbeing of New Zealanders, please apply now. Applications close at 12:00am Tuesday 28 November 2023.
ESR is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces flexibility, diversity, and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to receiving your application.