Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 2x Fulltime, Permanent positions available!
- Position will be based at our Napier Site
- We're offering a competitive salary starting from $78,840 to $94,715, depending on experience
About the role | Mō te tūnga
In order to make positive changes in the lives of children and families in our community, we need people like you who have knowledge, experience and are passionate about the wellbeing of children. Join a team with big hearts and a passion for getting things right for its children, young people and community. You can be part of a positive and supportive team and help children and young people be safe, strong and thrive.
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete full assessments on the tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Be able to hold and facilitate a hui, with a focus on supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Be involved in planning and delivering interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
Ideal candidate for this role is an experienced Social Worker who has worked in Aotearoa in a similar role for a non-governmental organisation (NGO) sector and/or someone who has worked within Oranga Tamariki previously.
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) and Current practicing certificate
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Recent and relevant experience with Oranga Tamariki and one of our Social Worker roles
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience within the child protection sector, preferably within NZ
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and other plans e.g. financial
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for these roles close on 23rd November 2023!
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol.