About the Company
Tyremax is New Zealand's leading tyre wholesaler, distributing a number of the world's top tyre brands and have been supplying the tyre industry for over 50 years, first with tubes and repair products, then tyres since 1994. They are dedicated to serving their customers with the products, service and support required for success in the industry. With distribution centres strategically located throughout the country, they offer high quality passenger, 4x4, commercial, agricultural and industrial tyres to suit every requirement.
They're growing fast and for good reason - with a customer focus, united by a drive to be better in all aspects of their delivery, staff engagement and client interactions. This newly created role is part of this growth to focus on the commercial aspect of their products, including Heavy Vehicle, Tractor, Truck and ATV tyres.The Opportunity
We're looking for a Sales Representative based in Auckland servicing the Northern region to increase sales revenue across the allocated territory, through maintenance of existing customers and the growth and development of new business. The role is a full-time Monday-Friday position covering a broad geographic area, so regular travel is a core aspect of the position. Ideally you'll have a strong sales background that is either within industry or closely aligned, successfully promoting and managing high level accounts for technical products.
You will drive your own day, but work closely and collaboratively with the Regional Sales Manager and colleagues growing and maximising your categories as well as supporting the wider group.
In return you'll receive a generous remuneration package that includes achievable and attractive bonus structures, full use company vehicle, medical insurance for you and your family, and company, individual and team incentives.The Role:
- Build and manage effective customer relationships and generate sales growth
- Prospect new and existing accounts, identify decision-makers, generate interest, and develop to maximise each opportunity
- Quickly learn & understand business opportunities & translate customers' needs into solutions
- Manage your own schedule and diarise visits and outbound activity in your territory
- Consistently achieve quality results and exceed targets
- In conjunction with your wider team, assist in trouble shooting and solving problems for your client base
- Learn and understand the product range and application to expertly advise and consult
- Effectively communicate with your clients face to face, on the phone and via email
- Utilise the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) and other programmes as necessary
- Track record of successful business development in trade or related sales environment
- Self-starter with high motivation, independence, resilience, and ability to positively contribute and collaborate
- Proven sales skills delivering results and building strong relationships
- Strong communication skills including well developed listening, written and verbal capabilities
- Good planning, presentation and negotiating skills
- Drive and determination to achieve set goals within company guidelines & methodology
- Positive and forward-thinking relationship builder who is engaging and inquisitive
- Proficiency with IT and associated CRM software systems
- Successful working autonomously, dependable time management and multi-tasking ability
- High standard of presentation, professionalism and integrity
With Tyremax you'll enjoy a strong remuneration package, generous employee benefits, an enjoyable work culture and a supportive team in an established, dynamic and quickly growing business. This is an opportunity to work with quality brands in an organisation that values motivation, skills development and continuous improvement.To apply
Please submit your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your skills, experience and what you can bring to this role. For a confidential discussion, call Keir Morrison on 032183146.