Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Job Title: Veterinarian Reliever (VTS Reliever)
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Hawkes Bay, Napier
Salary range: $103,069 - $128,836 per annum plus additional benefits.
Starting salary will be dependent on skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
The role sits within the Establishment group of the Verification Services directorate. MPI Verification Services (MPI VS) provides a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
The purpose of this position is to travel around the region to manage verification that confirms food safety objectives, market access and Biosecurity requirements have been met at the establishment thereby permitting the issue of official assurances.
The position requires sufficient experience in processing and industry standards management and to operate in a professional and confident manner. You would also be expected to lead and where necessary coordinate verification activities over a varied range of animal products as well as manage the key primary relationship with operator and act as a conduit between operators and MPI.
- Ensure that official assurances issued for export products are valid and withstand third party reviews through audit and verification of the operators and their processes.
- Ensure that operators put into place timely and effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Work successfully with & support the regional MPI team, as well as the wider MPI team such as the technical team and other external stakeholders such as farmers.
- Work with operator personnel of different levels from plant manager to frontline staff and will be able to tailor your communication with them effectively.
- Attend and facilitate internal, external and market access reviews. Demonstrate the process to these reviewers and facilitate, in conjunction with the operator and MPI, resolution of any review findings.
- Ensure efficient use of time and resources.
Mō te peka - About the Branch
Hawke's Bay is a region on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island and is best known for its beaches and wineries. Locals and visitors alike love getting outdoors in Hawke's Bay. Whether it be a walk-up Te Mata Peak, an adrenaline-filled rafting trip down the Mohaka River, or perhaps a lazy day at Waimarama Beach, the diversity of our outdoor experiences means there's something for everyone to enjoy.
With an MPI office based in Napier, this role will report to the Team Manager Establishment Hawkes Bay and would primarily involve relieving at premises in the team, and in neighbouring locations. As a Veterinarian Reliever, you will work closely with industry professionals as well as other departments within MPI to support the delivery of national and regional verification.
You may also be required to travel to other regions on occasion for this position. An MPI fleet vehicle will be provided for work related travel.
- Watch some of our team describe why they love the role that they are in and their journey into a career with Verification Services – Click Here
Mōu - About You
The role is best suited to someone who is experienced in premises verification and who is organised and flexible as well as able to take the initiative to get tasks done. However, all qualified candidates will be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a New Zealand registered Veterinarian (or be able to obtain registration with VCNZ);
- Hold a full and clean New Zealand driver's licence (or be able to obtain a licence by converting a current overseas driver's licence)
- Have verbal and written skills, and analytical reasoning skills;
- Demonstrate integrity and trust, ethics and values, resilience, adaptability, and openness;
- Have experience persuading and influencing, teamwork, planning and organising;
- Have computer literacy – can operate standard and customised software to an acceptable standard e.g. word-processing, excel, internet, email.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
- The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Membership of the NZVA or alternative
- Annual payment for the Annual practicing certificate
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
See the benefits of working at MPI
Whakamātau Whakapōauau me te Waipiro - Drug and Alcohol Screening
Please note, given this position is safety sensitive the preferred applicant/s for the position will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening test. Further information on this process can be found on our careers site under the application process, on pre-employment checks page.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 26 November, however suitable applicants will be considered and contacted before this date.
If you have any questions about the role, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at Louise.firstname.lastname@example.org
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Links to Facebook, MPI Careers, LinkedIn