About the opportunity:
Our client is seeking a Workshop Assistant to join them in their cutting-edge stainless steel workshop! Don't worry if you're not experienced – they will provide training on cutting-edge machinery.
Daily tasks will revolve around steel and stainless steel processing, cutting blanks, deburring, spot-welding, quality inspections, meticulous cleaning, and preparing products for export. While a forklift license is a bonus, we're willing to provide training to the right individual. Expect to engage in various general workshop activities, supporting our skilled tradesmen with their projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in preparing materials for various workshop tasks, including cutting blanks, cleaning, deburring, and inspecting them for quality and compliance with specifications.
- Operate machinery and equipment under supervision, following safety guidelines and ensuring proper maintenance
- If trained or licensed, operate a forklift to move materials, parts, or equipment within the workshop as needed.
- Provide assistance to tradesmen and skilled workers, aiding in jobbing work, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring the smooth flow of tasks within the workshop.
- Participate in quality control processes, which may involve visual inspections, measurements, and compliance checks to ensure products meet the required standards before packing and shipping.
This role will suit someone with all or some following background/experience/qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, making it easy for you to collaborate, learn, and follow instructions.
- A practical mindset, with an eagerness to learn how to operate machinery and hand tools.
- Possession of a valid NZ driver's license is essential, as you might occasionally need to pick up parts or supplies for our machinery.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Ability to pass pre-employment checks, including a clean criminal history, drug and alcohol screenings, and ACC history.
About the company:
Located in the heart of Marlborough, our client is a privately-owned, well-established engineering powerhouse, continuously expanding its horizons. They specialise in crafting tailored solutions for local industries, undertaking innovative design and build projects, and are globally recognised for our leadership in Freeze Dry technologies.
What they will offer
- A great opportunity for someone practical to make a start, working in a fabrication workshop with experienced trades staff to learn new skills
- Possible Apprenticeship opportunities
- A friendly and welcoming team environment with room to grow and learn.
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role, please apply via the link. If you have any specific questions, please advise in your cover letter or email us at email@example.com