Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Biosecurity Passenger Facilitators
Fixed Term, Part Time (Until April 2024, up to 20 hours per week)
Based in Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland International Airport)
Starting salary: $57,668 pro rata
Must be available to start immediately in early December 2023
We have openings for Biosecurity Passenger Facilitators to join our team on a part time, fixed term basis over the busy summer period.
The Biosecurity Passenger Facilitator is an important part of the Biosecurity New Zealand team. By educating passengers on biosecurity, this helps them navigate through the biosecurity system at the border, so they have a great experience on arrival to Auckland International Airport.
What does Biosecurity New Zealand do?
Biosecurity New Zealand is part of the Ministry for Primary Industries and plays a critical role in preventing harmful organisms crossing New Zealand's borders. We manage border and compliance activities as well as preparing for, and responding to, any biosecurity incursions that may occur. We support all New Zealanders and visitors to play their part in protecting our country – including our urban, rural, and natural environments.
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
As this role is a pilot, we expect the responsibilities of the Biosecurity Passenger Facilitators to evolve over time. You will need to be flexible and adaptable to deliver results in the following areas:
- Proactively engage with passengers (including families with children) to create a positive, friendly, reassuring, and respectful experience on arrival.
- Raise awareness of biosecurity risks and provide guidance to passengers at arrivals and departures about our border requirements.
- Provide passengers with collateral that helps explain our biosecurity processes and enhances the passenger experience.
- Assist onsite Biosecurity staff with daily operations requirements, especially during peak period and/or disruptions, ensuring passengers are prioritised and have access to essential information.
- Ensure passengers are placed at the heart of everything we do, striving to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Mōu - About You
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Have great customer service and people skills
- Confident and proactive communicator with a wide range of people
- Fluency in more than one language is preferred.
- Have a full NZ drivers license
Conditions of employment
- Due to the role being a pilot, we are offering fixed term agreements for the period 4 December 2023 to April 2024.
- Must be able to work a range of shift times set between 5.30am to 9.30am, 4.00pm to 7.30pm and 11.00pm to 3.00am.
- Own transport to and from the Airport is essential due to the shift hours.
- Starting salary is $57,668 per annum pro rata (duration of fixed term agreement and part time hours), plus shift allowances where applicable.
Whakamātau Whakapōauau me te Waipiro - Drug and Alcohol Screening
Please note, given this position is safety sensitive the preferred applicant/s for the position will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening test. Further information on this process can be found on our careers site, here.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whānau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua Ministry for Primary Industries a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 22nd November 2023.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Luke.Farrell@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Links to Facebook, MPI Careers, LinkedIn, Twitter