Part of a well-established, international network of product suppliers for the industrial sector, this company is leading the way in terms of service and solution delivery across New Zealand for hose and fluid delivery products. The company offers cost-effective solutions for most industrial applications across a number of sectors. In anticipation of the merging of two locations, a position has arisen to run and manage the branch operation to ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction are achieved.
The position and objective
Reporting to the Category Business Manager for Hose and Fittings, the aim of this position is to manage all aspects of the company’s sales and operations in Auckland to achieve sales quotas, maintain stock integrity, and sustain an engaged branch team.
- The role has responsibility for a broader team of 14-16 with 5-6 direct reports, including internal sales, external sales reps, warehouse and workshop staff. There are functional relationships with the sales support team, branch managers, national manufacturing team and head office.
- The position offers a competitive salary including bonus, vehicle, fuel card, kiwisaver and phone.
- Lead Hose and Fitting sales initiatives across the Auckland market.
- Ensure that warehouse and workshop teams consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Provide regular updates on sales performance.
- Demonstrate strategic and commercial capacity to improve business performance, including change management
- Proactively look for opportunities for improvement, both in own skills and the business.
- Work collaboratively across the business to grow overall sales and profitability.
- Use industry knowledge to understand customer needs and expectations, acting with a solutions based approach.
The ideal candidate
- Experience and knowledge of hose fluid handling is highly advantageous, a background in hydraulic sales could also be considered.
- Sales, branch and operations management experience is essential.
- A passion for driving business and supporting staff to meet sales and customer experience targets.
- Excellent engagement skills with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Personal qualities of energy, initiative, commitment to teamwork and collaboration and respect for others.
This is a great opportunity to step up and into a newly created position with a renowned and successful company, leading a team of specialists in a recession proof business.
To apply, click apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SP75864. For a confidential discussion and for more info, call Sam Phillips on 09 951 5010.