Our customer is a pioneer in the solar industry by developing revolutionary technology that turns sunlight into reliable and efficient source of energy. Today, their main product which is a cutting-edge microinverter works with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with their award-winning smart battery techology, it results in one of the best performing clean energy systems worldwide.
Currently, we are looking to attract an individual with strong attention to detail to work in compliance and product testing. This role ensures that products developed or managed have been tested to agreed test plans and relevant national/international standards. This important role supports the Grid connection compliance, the hardware design verification effort and will contribute to the best practice of ensuring an efficient, safe and reliable systems through regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities and duties
– Perform compliance testing using detailed knowledge of standards and industry best practices in an ISO 17025 accredited lab.
– Interfacing with Nationally Recognized Testing Labs (NRTLs) to coordinate regulatory testing.
– Gaining regulatory agency approvals for products by demonstrating product compliance with standards.
– Leading the effort to gain and maintain self-certification status.
– Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and experience
– Bachelors degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer or related area.
– Experience in compliance/homologation, product design, development or testing of complex electronics products.
– Experience with photovoltaic systems or power supplies is an advantage.
– Knowledge of relevant standards is an advantage: IEC/UL 61010, 62040 series, UL 1741, IEEE 1547, AS/NZS 4777 series, EN 60730, IEC 61000 series, VDE 4105, IEC 62116, EN 50549, IEC/UL 62109 series, European grid connection codes and other relevant standards is an advantage.
– Knowledge of National and International regulations and the ability to work with Local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (LAHJ) or regulatory bodies is a plus.