We are looking for a technician at beginner to intermediate level to join our team in Tauranga. This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop or kick-start their career, as on-the-job training is provided.
In this role, you will be expected to perform field testing to a high level of accuracy. The work will be hands-on and physical, and therefore requires a reasonable degree of physical capability and, at times, may involve working in adverse environmental conditions. The nature of the work may require early starts, late finishes and occasional overtime.
Nga Mahi | Tasks
- Geotechnical field-testing, sampling, investigating, and testing/ monitoring of ground material properties.
- Civil laboratory testing.
- Operation of heavy testing and soil sampling equipment.
- Monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Data entry and processing of results.
- Liaising with customers and engineers.
- Performing all work in accordance with our IANZ accreditation and project management system.
Nā tōu rourou | What you'll bring
- Previous fieldwork experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential.
- A good level of physical fitness and ability to lift items weighing 25kg+ on a regular basis.
- A full, clean, New Zealand drivers license (class 1) is essential.
- Completed level 2 NCEA+
- Similar work experience is preferred but not essential.
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good team player and personality.
- Must be willing to get hands dirty and enjoy working outdoors.
- High standard and quality of paperwork.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to develop and share knowledge.
- Someone who can get things happening, a proactive initiator.
- An appreciation of the importance of quality management systems and processes.
Mō tō mātou āhuatanga | Who we are
Geotechnics Ltd is a specialist materials testing company providing laboratory- and field-testing services to the geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering industries. We have offices in Auckland, Pukekohe, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch.
At Geotechnics we believe you should love your job and the environment you work in. Our company culture has been integral to our growth and development - guided by our shared values that put honesty, openness and caring for our customers and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
We offer ongoing training and professional development and promote an open culture where innovation and continuous improvement is encouraged. Geotechnics Ltd is a company where you can feel comfortable asking others for advice and where people are equally willing to listen to your ideas. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, though professional team who focus on delivering first-class, efficient solutions.
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; Geotechnics is involved in a number of large-scale projects, as well as smaller community-focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual well-being allowance and well-being programme
- An active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at Geotechnics!)
Me Pehea te Tono | How to Apply
Apply online by clicking the Apply Now button or for more information on Geotechnics Ltd, go to www.geotechnics.co.nz. For more information on our careers go to www.tonkintaylor.co.nz/careers.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEM Academy.