Tonkin + Taylor is New Zealand's leading engineering and environmental consultancy, renowned for our technical excellence in solving complex challenges. We are proudly a New Zealand, employee-owned company and our collective mission is to create and sustain a better world.
Kei te hiahia mātou ki ōu pūkenga | We want your skills
We currently have fantastic opportunities for Geotechnical Engineers of all levels of experience to join our successful and growing Auckland team.
We have a strong forward infrastructure workload in the Auckland market, and we're helping our clients deal with some challenging geotechnical and hydrogeological issues using some of the best technological tools in the business.
We are working alongside some of the best architects, engineers and contractors in the industry to create much-needed housing for our communities. We are committed to finding better ways to build warm, dry housing faster and more affordably.
We are looking for individuals who value autonomy, mastery, and purpose in their work and thrive in a team environment where every day is different. Our team is full of driven individuals who seek out challenges that engage them and are always looking to develop their own career pathways. If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you!
Kei te whakapono mātou ki tō whanaketanga | We want to develop you
At T+T, we strongly believe that it's our people that keep our clients coming back and we are incredibly proud of the culture we have developed within our Geotechnical team. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in their development, well-being, and career aspirations. Join us and you will:
- work on a diverse range of challenging projects throughout New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific
- have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored and supported by world-class geotechnical experts
- be part of the largest Geotechnical Consultancy business in New Zealand
- enjoy the fix-it, enquiring, and solutions-based design culture
- be supported with your career ambitions and have heaps of opportunities for development
Your role will be varied, but will include:
- Designing, reviewing and supporting geotechnical work and projects
- Interacting with clients and building relationships and marketing
- Collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams
- Managing projects and financials
Na tōu rourou | What you'll bring
- BE(hons) Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience - we have great opportunities for different levels of experience
- Understands the intricacies of a successful consultancy
- Ideally have local knowledge of ground conditions around the Auckland region and/or the North Island.
- Good technical skills with a variety of geotechnical design experience - including slope stabilisation, retaining structures, foundations, earthworks, groundwater/hydrogeology and ground improvement
- An innovative, collaborative person who has strong interpersonal skills and loves working in a team
- Enjoys building client relationships
- An inquiring mind which can identify and deliver high value to clients
- Enthusiastic towards developing their geotechnical career amongst experts
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; T+T are involved in a number of large-scale alliance projects, as well as smaller community focused projects, and cutting edge technical problems
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- A flexible working culture and formal flexible working arrangements including part time working and ability to purchase extra leave
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance and wellbeing programme
- A very active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at T+T!)
- Additional parental leave, salary top-up and a back to work coaching programme (as per policy)
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
We embrace flexible working at T+T and aim to work in a way that serves the needs of our people, clients and communities. Our flexible working culture enables us to work flexibly to create better work and life experiences. We welcome applicants who wish to work part-time or flexible hours.
APPLY NOW! Or for further information on T+T, go to: http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz. T+T is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
'Everyone Matters' is one of our three core values at T+T, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster inclusion, participation, and equal opportunity.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEMM Academy. We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
T+T are proud to be part of the Rainbow Tick Whanau and welcome applicants from rainbow communities.