We are seeking a Site investigation Technician to join our Geotechnics business in Wellington. This full-time permanent role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop or kick-start their career, as on-the-job training is provided.
In this role, you will be expected to perform field testing to a high level of accuracy. The work will be hands-on and physical, and therefore requires a reasonable degree of physical capability and, at times, may involve working in adverse environmental conditions. The nature of the work may require early starts, late finishes, and occasional overtime.
This role would suit someone who has a keen interest in Earth Sciences and enjoys working outdoors. You will also possess a full driver's license (Class 1) and be able to drive a manual.
We are seeking someone who is happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck amongst it. This role involves a variety of working outdoors and in the office, so would be great if you want the best of two worlds!
You will require excellent communication skills and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change. You should be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision but also collaborate with team members when required. You will have the passion to deliver work to high standards, as well as meticulous attention to detail and quality. You should also be
- Knowledge of soil sampling would be beneficial but not essential, training will be supplied
- knowledge of soil logging to NZGS and use of a hand auger/ window sampler would be beneficial but not essential, training will be supplied
- able to prioritise workload and convey to others when there may urgency required to fulfil customer expectation;
- practical, with good tool skills and a "Kiwi No 8 wire" mentality;
- able to lift items weighing 20+ kg on a regular basis; and
- computer literate, especially Microsoft Excel and Word.
Mō tō mātou āhuatanga | Who we are
Geotechnics Ltd is a specialist materials testing company providing laboratory- and field-testing services to the geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering industries. We have offices in Auckland, Pukekohe, Hamilton, Napier, Tauranga, Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch.
At Geotechnics we believe you should love your job and the environment you work in. Our company culture has been integral to our growth and development - guided by our shared values that put honesty, openness and caring for our customers and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
We offer ongoing training and professional development and promote an open culture where innovation and continuous improvement is encouraged. Geotechnics Ltd is a company where you can feel comfortable asking others for advice and where people are equally willing to listen to your ideas. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, though professional team who focus on delivering first-class, efficient solutions.
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; Geotechnics is involved in a number of large-scale projects, as well as smaller community-focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual well-being allowance and well-being programme
- An active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at Geotechnics!)
Me Pehea te Tono | How to Apply
Apply online by clicking the Apply Now button or for more information on Geotechnics Ltd, go to www.geotechnics.co.nz.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEM Academy.