Horizontal Directional Driller Operator- Infrastructure Industry - Auckland based, full time.
Job Title - Horizontal Directional Driller ANZSCO 712211
Location of work - Auckland
Our client is looking for two experienced Horizontal Directional Drillers to work in Penrose.
Our client specialises in directional drilling and open trenching in the power, infrastructure, telecommunications, and drainage industries.
They are a civil utilities contractor with offices in Auckland & Hamilton, working on projects across New Zealand. They have a strong values-based culture and are focused on building a talent pipeline within its business to achieve their vision to "be the most innovative and competent civil utilities contractor".
As the successful candidate, you will be tasked to read and understand projects, complete underground drilling projects, and ensure all work is completed in accordance with safety guidelines and project specifications.
If you're passionate about the infrastructure industry, this role is the perfect opportunity to share your knowledge and passion while supporting the New Zealand economy.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary of $30 an hour plus benefits, opportunities for growth and development, and a supportive and positive work environment
- Opportunity to work for a well-respected company in the infrastructure industry
- A pathways tool and program
- Great worker benefits including health insurance
- Minimum 30 hours a week
- Full time permanent position
- South Auckland location
- Plan and coordinate drilling projects, including site preparation, drilling, and clean-up
- Work closely with project managers and your team leader to ensure project timelines are met
- Ensure compliance with all safety guidelines and regulations
- Troubleshoot and solve any problems that arise during the drilling process
- Effectively planning and communicating work with the team
- Pre-dig and predrill sheets completed accurately
- Operate plant vehicles in safe and responsible manner
- Keep plant and vehicles clean and tidy and respect all equipment
- Plant and vehicle daily and fortnightly checks done - oil and greased etc
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in horizontal directional drilling
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of drilling equipment and techniques
- Willing to work at various locations