Lead, coach, mentor our Harbour Hospice medical team. Provide hands on specialist care. Proactively connect with GP, aged care and hospital services
We usually respond within a week
About the mahi
- Foster a 'one team' approach through collaborative leadership
- Your leadership will enhance palliative care for patients, families & whānau
- Join a progressive and values driven senior leadership team
We have created the position of Medical Director to lead the Harbour Hospice Medical team, fostering a one team approach across all sites. As an inspirational leader, you will ensure a professional and collaborative team who effectively work together to meet strategic objectives and positively impact patient, family, and whānau care.
You will provide hands on medical consultative specialist palliative care to patients and their family/caregivers and whanau as an integral part of the multidisciplinary team.
In this key role you will join the Harbour Hospice Senior Leadership Team and contribute to strategic decision making across the organisation. The SLT are committed to a forward looking and innovative approach to service development and collaboration.
The Medical Director will:
About you Mōhou ake
- Collaboratively develop, implement and review our service's strategic and operational plans
- Mentor and supervise Advanced Trainees in Palliative Medicine, Registrars and Medical Officers
- Work closely with General Practice teams and other primary palliative care providers in enhancing patient care
- Represent Harbour Hospice nationally as a leader in in specialist palliative care, identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including Te Whatu Ora and other hospices
- Educate, up-skill, empower and support clinical staff in general palliative care provision
- Participate in research activities and clinical development projects
A leader who strives to build a positive team culture through developing and empowering others, you also have expert knowledge in palliative care gained in either a hospice or hospital setting. You understand the unpredictable demands of palliative care and you're ready to adapt to them. An advocate for quality end of life care, you engender trust and respect and demonstrate cultural awareness with sound knowledge of Tikanga Māori.
You will demonstrate:
- Fellowship of the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine (or equivalent) and vocational registration as a medical practitioner with MCNZ
- A passion for personal development and in leading and developing teams
- Leadership experience in a specialist palliative care setting
- Trained in principles of evidence-based medicine
- Understanding of how to work collaboratively as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and appreciation of current issues for hospice/palliative care services and health in general
Harbour Hospice is one of the largest hospices in Aotearoa and has been caring for tūroro (patients) and their family and whānau for 40 years. Every day we care for close to 400 people across the North Shore, Hibiscus Coast and Warkworth/Wellsford regions, supporting them at home, in one of our two inpatient units, or in community programmes offered at each of our three sites.
Our bespoke services given free of charge, include medical care, spiritual, psychological and social support, physio, occupational and complementary therapy, social activities and more.
Where possible our people work with a hybrid working model in order to facilitate and maximise our service delivery options. What's in it for you?
You'll be welcomed to your new role with a tailored onboarding and ongoing personal and professional development opportunities. Your leadership style of coaching and mentoring will continue to build our culture that enables and encourages our people to grow and give their very best. Your passion for role modelling our values will promote a culture which embraces and reflects our core values - to be compassionate, inclusive and professional - at all times. Your expertise and influence on our Senior Leadership Team will ensure Harbour Hospice provides relevant services into the future as our population changes.
Best of all, you'll be an integral part of a supportiveanddedicated multidisciplinary team, and your specialist care will make an immeasurable impact on the lives of your patients. How to apply
For more information or to obtain a position description call Peggy Newton, Recruitment Specialist, on or click below to submit your application online. Be sure to include a cover letter about you and why you'd like to join the team.
Please note we will screen applications as they come through so don't hesitate. Apply now!
Harbour Hospice is taking a proactive and genuine approach to bring us closer to being an authentic Treaty Partner with Māori. We are committed to being an inclusive organisation and one that reflects the diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from all backgrounds who share our values.
Harbour Hospice is the only specialist, palliative care provider for families living in the Hibiscus Coast, North Shore and Warkworth / Wellsford communities. We provide compassionate, free care working primarily with patients, families and carers in their homes, and also within our three hospice sites. Our bespoke services include medical care, spiritual support, physiotherapy, social activities and more, with an emphasis on helping people live every moment in whatever way is important to them.
Medical Director Lead, coach, mentor our Harbour Hospice medical team. Provide hands on specialist care. Proactively connect with GP, aged care and hospital services
Loading application form
Already working at Harbour Hospice ?
Let's recruit together and find your next colleague.