Tonkin + Taylor is New Zealand's leading engineering and environmental consultancy, renowned for our technical excellence in solving complex challenges. We are proudly a New Zealand, employee-owned company and our collective mission is to create and sustain a better world.
At T+T, we strongly believe that it's our people that keep our clients coming back. Our people are known for being 'humble high-achievers': delivering award-winning solutions, working collaboratively, and delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients. They are our greatest asset, and we invest in their development, well-being, and career aspirations.
We have an opportunity for a Principal / Senior Planner to join our well-established RMA Planning team in Hamilton. This role will appeal to those with a growing profile in the planning market, a nose for opportunity / business development, and an interest in developing and growing teams. Our work is across government, local government and the private sector, and includes all aspects of RMA planning and community engagement.
Nā tōu rourou | What you'll bring
- 10 - 15+ years of NZ planning experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- A resource management or NZ planning qualification and MNZPI (or eligibility)
- Strong technical planning skills
- Ability to identify emerging business development opportunities and build and sustain long term relationships
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Connections within your local planning market.
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; T+T are involved in a number of large-scale alliance projects, as well as smaller community focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your own personal pathway
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- A flexible working culture and formal flexible working arrangements including part time working and ability to purchase extra leave
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance and wellbeing programme
- A very active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at T+T!)
- Additional parental leave, salary top-up and a back to work coaching programme (as per policy)
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
We embrace flexible working at T+T and aim to work in a way that serves the needs of our people, clients and communities. Our flexible working culture enables us to work flexibly to create better work and life experiences. We welcome applicants who wish to work part-time or flexible hours.
Toroa tā mātou pae tukutuku mō ētehi atu kōrero | For more information, check out our website
APPLY NOW! Or for further information on T+T, go to: http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz. T+T is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
'Everyone Matters' is one of our three core values at T+T, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster inclusion, participation, and equal opportunity.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEMM Academy. We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pacific languages to apply.
T+T are proud to be part of the Rainbow Tick Whānau and welcome applicants from rainbow communities.