About the opportunity:
Our client has an exceptional opportunity for someone to build on their Mechanical Engineering career and gain a quality lifestyle in one of New Zealand's most beautiful locations. They are looking for an experienced Project Manager or Senior Project Engineer to lead the delivery of Engineering Projects.
This is a key role that will see you leading $M projects, engaging with clients Engineers, and subcontractors to complete project deliverables within the project schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for project budget, schedule, HSE and quality
- Identify and manage any project risks.
- Manage procurement and resource allocation to meet project timelines.
- Providing technical guidance to projects and input to capacity planning.
- Effectively managing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project deadlines are met.
This role will suit someone with all or some following background/experience/qualities:
- 10 years experience with Projects / Engineering.
- Preferably, a tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Refrigeration.
- Demonstrated project delivery of $M projects
- Effective negotiation skills and fact based decision making skills
- Strong project and people management skills for team motivation and productivity.
- Can work collaboratively with stakeholders.
About the company:
Our client is a Blenheim based company that is in its 87th year of operations and undertaking a wide range of general engineering manufacturing. Throughout New Zealand and around the world, equipment that is manufactured and constructed by this company is known for its reliability and innovative design. Services include Marine, Heavy Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Sheet Metal fabrication, Irrigation, Refrigeration and Freeze Dry with the majority of Freeze Dryers manufactured for export. Association with companies in the USA, Australia, UK and Europe ensures that their designers, engineers and manufacturers are recognised as being amongst the best in the world.
What they will offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience.
- Career progression
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team.
- An outstanding team-oriented work environment.
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role, please apply via the link. If you have any specific questions, please advise in your cover letter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org