Working for our customer means to be surrounded by other smart and talented individuals who share the same passion about what they do everyday. They offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it ! There’s a lot of responsability as you will have the opportunity to have ownership over your projects.
We are looking to attract (on behalf of our customer) a Senior Design Engineer who is interested in working on the next generation loudspeaker systems and components. We are hoping this engineer will also evolve into a ‘Marine and RV Speaker Product Manager’ responsible for researching and defining the speaker road map.
In addition to serving as Senior Loudspeaker Design Engineer for complex audio development projects, this person will design active and passive loudspeaker systems to meet specified requirements for performance and cost. You will design, simulate, build and test speakers, crossovers and filters. You will be a project engineer on various products and will also be involved in defining/creating DSP profiles for speakers, amplifiers and environments.
Responsibilities and duties
– Collaborate and add value through participation in design reviews, providing comments on electrical design aspects and other engineering areas.
– Evaluate new technologies as they apply to existing functions.
– Understand the construction and materials used in loud speakers.
– Able to evaluate the sound quality and efficiency of loud speakers.
– Contribute to advanced technical research on new technologies.
– Independently determine general approach and specific solutions to technical problems.
– Offer process improvement suggestions and author new procedures.
– Direct and coordinate manufacture of prototypes.
– Plan and develop experimental test programs to verify compliance to all applicable regulations and quality guidelines.
– Provides reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques.
– Provide technical input to product development plans and concept documents.
– Engage on regular meetings with ODM speaker manufacturers in China and Taiwan.
Skills and experience
– Ideally, bachelor degree in electrical, mechanical engineering, Accoustics or Audio.
– Preferred of minimum 5 years of relevant experience in designing and testing professional loudspeaker systems.
– Knowledge of accoustic testing.
– Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
-Broad technical knowledge and skills in one or more areas of electrical engineering (analog, digital, RF and/or DSP)
– Experience in development and tuning of powered loudspeakers and systems.
– Knowledge of UL, CE, FCC and other regulatory requirements.
– Knowledge of audio digital signal processing.