Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We're in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Senior Domain Architect - Data - Te Pae Tawhiti
About the Team
Te Pae Tawhiti – Our Future is about MSD's future role and how we can make a bigger and better difference for New Zealanders. Te Pae Tawhiti transformation programme will deliver services that are easier and more accessible and integrated across employment, housing, and income support, with greater use of partnering. The programme will also modernise our technology, data, and information to enable this business change.
This role is part of the Information, Data & Analytics workstream. Use of information and data is a fundamental enabler for MSD to deliver the vision of Te Pae Tawhiti. There are significant opportunities to inform better decision making, but we need to ensure we respect our clients' privacy, human and ethical rights, and we keep people's information secure.
About the Role
The Senior Domain Architect will play a key role in helping MSD understand, govern and make use of the data we hold. You will have the opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders, data, information, technology and other architecture leads to ensure we have quality, fit for purpose data solutions.
In this role, you will:
Contribute to and provide leadership in:
- Data strategy development and implementation, with a focus on integration, master data management and data migration
- Design, development and maintenance of effective data governance processes, including embedding Māori data governance
- Data architecture design and development, from data management to new analytics solutions
- Maintaining and communicating up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies and approaches
- Bring rigorous intellectual and analytical capability and the ability to think strategically
- Work collaboratively in a team environment, with technical and non-technical people from a range of business areas
You will have:
- At least five years' experience in data architecture or senior data analyst roles. This includes developing and implementing data strategy, architecture, data models, and roadmaps related to the data / information architecture domain. This includes experience working with architecture frameworks
- Experience of several data technology stacks (i.e., not just a single technology stack) including both legacy and current cloud technology platforms
Current salary is $157,050 - $195,440. From the 1st December 2023 salary range will be $161,762 - $200,840
Salary range: $157,050.00 - $195,440.00
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key responsibilities listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday, 29th November 2023
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that encourages, but does not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants, unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.