We have an awesome opportunity for a recent school leaver who wants to start a career as a concrete technician. As a Trainee Concrete Technician, you will be working to test and measure the quality, strength and consistency of concrete both outdoors and in the laboratory. The role is based Monday to Friday with occasional nightworks and Saturday shifts.
Full training will be provided, you would work with senior staff to develop a personalised development plan to ensure your career develops along the path you wish it to take. The role is based in Auckland, where we have senior specialists to help develop your technical skills, and a strong peer support network available to you.
Nā tōu rourou | What you'll bring
- Physically capable to lift 25kgs samples, handle and test aggregate and concrete samples.
- A full, clean New Zealand driver's licence.
- Obtained NCEA level 2.
- An interest in science, mathematics, and infrastructure would be advantageous.
- Computer literacy with confidence using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, ability to work alone or as part of a team and a positive can-do attitude.
- Health & safety conscious.
- High standards of health, safety, and keeping equipment tidy and organised on site.
- Please note that successful candidates are required to undergo a drug test for this role.
Mō tō mātou āhuatanga | Who we are
Geotechnics Ltd is a specialist materials testing company providing laboratory- and field-testing services to the geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering industries. We have offices in Auckland, Pukekohe, Hamilton, Napier, Tauranga, Wellington, Nelson and Christchurch.
At Geotechnics we believe you should love your job and the environment you work in. Our company culture has been integral to our growth and development - guided by our shared values that put honesty, openness and caring for our customers and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
We offer ongoing training and professional development and promote an open culture where innovation and continuous improvement is encouraged. Geotechnics Ltd is a company where you can feel comfortable asking others for advice and where people are equally willing to listen to your ideas. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, though professional team who focus on delivering first-class, efficient solutions.
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; Geotechnics is involved in a number of large-scale projects, as well as smaller community-focused projects.
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions.
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual well-being allowance and well-being programme
- An active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at Geotechnics!)
Me Pehea te Tono | How to Apply
Apply online by clicking the Apply Now button or for more information on Geotechnics Ltd, go to www.geotechnics.co.nz. For more information on our careers go to www.tonkintaylor.co.nz/careers.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEM Academy.